Thursday, December 12, 2013

Introduction

Welcome to my game art blog!  Here are some bits about me that I will keep short and sweet so you can get on with your life.

  • Born
  • Enlisted in the Air Force in 2004, deployed to Iraq in 2007, separated in 2010
  • Enrolled at the University of Advancing Technology in 2010 and graduated in 2012 with a BA in Game Art & Animation
  • Continued my education for a couple semesters before I was hired onto a small team at Retora Games
  • Got an iOS release under my belt
  • Present day
Now that you're all caught up: as of a couple weeks ago I have started a sabbatical for personal development!  It's slated to last to the end of 2014.  I will be doing digital painting and digital sculpting studies on a daily basis (at least six days per week), as well as various other studies in order to catch up on much of the current and next-gen content which unfortunately was not entirely taught during my time in college.

Some topics of study include IBL, PBR, dDo, nDo, advanced game engine application, hand-painted textures, hard-surface ZBrush modelling, and style mimicry, all building toward a vastly improved portfolio.

I will be posting shots of all my work here and on Polycount, both completed and WIP.

Please feel free to follow or comment!  I would welcome any critiques, suggestions, advice or otherwise during my trek through the next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment