Sunday, December 22, 2013

December 22

Introduction Post

Today was kind of a slow, distracted day.  I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, however it is supposed to be my day off so I don't mind all that much.  

Here's the progress on the Caster.  There probably doesn't appear to be a whole lot of extra content added since yesterday; the majority of detail was added to the inside of the shell chamber.  The gun overall could certainly be more detailed but I'm getting tired of looking at it, and having to fight with ZBrush isn't helping much so I'm going to move on.  I'll have plenty more opportunities to make more, and expectedly better portfolio pieces over the next year.  Spending forever on this won't do me any favors in the grand scheme of things.

I have started retopologizing in Maya which I will finish up tomorrow, then get started with some test bakes.


I don't feel like I'm improving with my hand paintings, but I know that's probably false.  Any time spent is surely improving my abilities.  It's just frustrating that it's not really a tangible progress like it is with, say, learning how to use software.  I have to wait weeks or even months to notice any major improvements.  Anyway, here is some vertical shale-like stone I painted today.  It's kind of unfinished.  I'm still struggling with overall contrast despite there being even more that I need to work on adding to my paintings, like color variation and other micro-details.  Not to mention doing this for all the common material types (wood, metal, concrete, etc.).


No comments:

Post a Comment