Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year!

Introduction Post

Light day today.  I painted some, but it's kind of a larger "scene" and didn't make much progress since yesterday.  I don't really like how the table wood is.  I think it's way too busy for what it is.  I'm going to try to wash out some of the details, sort of like the stool but not quite as bland.




Conveniently, I have finished the Caster project just yesterday, and now the new Monthly Noob Challenge is starting so I'll be doing that for my next piece.  Took me longer than I care to say getting the basic proportions down but I think I got a good handle on it.

This scene seems like it will be very easy to construct, as each long section (indicated by BAY numbers) is pretty much identical to the other three.  Here's a shot of my current blockout progress.  There does appear to be a side room where vehicles or some other thing is parked for maintenance/inspection which I haven't worked into my blockout yet.

Concept

Progress - There will be much more tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment