Saturday, January 11, 2014

January 11

Introduction Post



Didn't get as much texturing done for the Noob Challenge as I would have hoped.  This might be a project I will decide to push to the wayside, maybe just work on the textures here and there.  I really want to get started on something geared toward the studios I'm looking to get into.





There is a new up and coming challenge event happening at Polycount, this one aimed specifically at hard surface modeling.  These challenges seem like they will be much smaller and easier to manage: something doable in a day or less.

I was working on the second piece of the challenge but Maya crashed and left a sour taste in my mouth.  Not sure if I'll do it again.







edit:  Fixed the threading on the bolt so it's more accurate to a real one.  Just intersected a simple helix primitive instead of trying to make it all one solid mesh.


No comments:

Post a Comment