Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26

Introduction Post

Yeah, my posting has slowed down a bit but I'm still putting the time in every day.  This weekend is the Global Game Jam and although I didn't participate, I did work on some stuff for a friend.  I painted a quick brick texture for him, among other things.  It was kind of rushed since it's only for a game jam, but mostly just because I have more interesting things (to me) to do.




I received a pretty sweet critique on my Polycount thread about my wooden planks texture so I spent some time today touching that up.  Now, if only everyone could give valid, educational feedback like that rather than simply saying "needs more contrast" I would be happy.

Here's a before/after shot of my wood planks.  Before on the left, after on the right.



Actual texture and a shot of it tiling:




I started on another major texture today.  Originally it was going to be some stone bricks for a wall, but the base ended up looking better as a cobblestone floor.  Here's my progress on that, which I'll be continuing to work on tomorrow.




2 comments:

  1. Love your work! Would you mind if I used the wood tile in a project I'm working on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chester!

      That texture is a bit old now, so sure! Feel free to use or modify it however you'd like.

      Cheers

      Delete