Friday, November 21, 2014

November 21

It's been slow rolling these past few days.  My attention has been split between two things.  I managed to "finish" the upper region of the rifle but the proportions ended up being wrong on a very complex angled surface so I had to scrap it and start over.  I haven't exactly gotten the new upper piece modeled back out.  I've been sort of building around it since I have the basic shape down.

Unfortunately there's something "off" about my model that I can put my finger on.  It's causing my Picatinny rails to be too narrow.  I think at this stage I'm going to have to just push forward with it, and take it as a lesson.  I don't have time to rework a bunch of major parts just to get the width perfect (maybe if I were using ZBrush...).


The blue parts are more or less done, while the grey parts are what's left.


View my previous completed projects here

No comments:

Post a Comment